- Be in control of your money?
- Have confidence that your business is actually growing (in the right direction)?
- Not worry about one day being hit with a scary tax bill?
As business owners, we need accurate and timely information in order to make better financial decisions.
When we ask business owners what’s stopping them from being confident with their finances and using Xero regularly, here’s what they list as their biggest challenges:
This is the Xero training program that we wished existed when we were starting out building our business. We built this material from scratch, customizing the content specifically for small business owners.
There’s 2 key differences between our course and free “how-to” videos online or a 1-day workshop/course:
1) We provide context around why, when, and how to make decisions when using Xero eg. when and why would you do accrual accounting? what bank rules to apply and when? etc.
2) You’re learning from a practitioner who has built their own small business successfully. Someone who has also worked with and mentored hundreds of small businesses on small business finances.
You’ll get access to an SOP library (templates, worksheets, and processes) that we’ve built based on 10+ years as practising accountants and the hundreds of Bean Ninjas clients we’ve worked with.
- 1.1 Key Accounting Concepts FREE PREVIEW
- Review the Glossary of Bookkeeping Terms Document FREE PREVIEW
- 1.2 Optimise your setup - Organisational and financial settings FREE PREVIEW
- Download and complete the activity in the Xero Challenge workbook FREE PREVIEW
- 1.3 Optimise your setup - Invoice settings
- 1.3 Review Your Invoice Settings - Next Steps
- Worksheet: Review Your Invoice Settings
- 1.4 Optimise your setup - Receipt Management Process
- 1.5 Optimise your setup - Business Bank Account Setup in Xero
- 1.5 Activity: Financial Flow Checklist
- Adding Bank Accounts in Xero
- Worksheet: Adding Bank Accounts
- 1.6 Optimise your setup - Chart of Accounts
- Worksheet: Chart of Accounts
- 1.7 Reviewing your bookkeeping routine
- Worksheet: Bookkeeping timetable
- 1.8 Optimise your setup - Importing Opening Balances intro Xero
- 1.9 Optimise your setup - Importing missing bank transactions into Xero
- Activity: Questions about Opening Balances
- 1.10 Optimise your setup - Importing unpaid invoices and bills into Xero
- Resource: Link to import Template
- 1.11 Module Recap
- Activity: Submit your Chart of Accounts for review
- 2.1 Getting paid faster
- 2.1 Worksheet: Getting Paid Faster
- 2.2 Creating quotes and invoices
- 2.3 How do I know what's owed to me
- Worksheet: Run an Aged Receivables Report
- 2.4 Reconciling transactions
- 2.5 Allocating deposits from Payment Processers
- Worksheet: Payment Services Review
- 2.6 Debtors follow up process
- Debtors Follow Up Template
- 3.1 How to pay bills using accrual accounting
- 3.2 How to pay bills using cash accounting
- Worksheet: Cash or accrual accounting
- 3.3 Cost of Sales
- Worksheet: Cost of Sales
- 3.4 Personal purchases paid from a business account
- 3.5 Business expenses paid from a person account
- 3.6 Paying yourself
- 3.7 Reducing expenses
- Worksheet: Reviewing costs
- 3.8 Vendor coding template
- Update your Vendor Coding Template
- 3.9 SOP Standard Operating Procedure AP - vendor coding sheet
- Complete Worksheet: Accounts Payable Process
- 4.1 Reviewing your bookkeeping routine
- 4.1 Create Your Own Bookkeeping Timetable
- 4.2 The Essentials of Bookkeeping
- 4.2 Do Your Bookkeeping For the Current Month and Post Any Questions to the Group!
- 4.3 Simple Automations to Save Time
- 4.4 How To Do a Bank Reconciliation
- 5.1 Review your Receipt Management Process
- 5.1 Receipt Management Process
- 5.2 Review your understanding of cash v accrual accounting
- 5.2 Cash or accrual accounting
This training is designed for business owners who have beginner to intermediate bookkeeping knowledge and want to better understand and manage their small business finances.
You must already have:
- A Xero account,
- An existing business, and
- Be at a stage where building a financial system using Xero makes sense.
Already have your Xero system in place and looking for training on advanced reporting? Check out our Know Your Numbers mentorship.
Alleviated all anxiety and all stress around money for the business
Emma & Carla Pappas, The Merrymaker Sisters
Now understands the financial health of her business
Stevie Dillon, Stevie Says Social
Really logical and straight forward, easy to understand
Krystle Divertie, KCS
Gained insights into his own business
Marcus D, Resolve Mining Solutions
VA able to take over financial tasks for CEO
Christine R, Scale My Empire
Got a better understanding of financial position
Hayden Brass, Zea Relief
Is this course good for US-based businesses too?
Yes, the course is related to using Xero and the concepts apply across all countries. These are the foundations of any business. It does not cover specific tax settings (which might be different in AUS vs USA). One of our Partners (Wayne Richard) is US-based and we have a large number of US clients.
Do I need to be a "numbers" person?
No. This training is designed for business owners who have beginner to intermediate bookkeeping knowledge and want to better understand and manage their small business finances. You must already have a Xero account, an existing business, and are at the stage where building a financial system using Xero makes sense.
How long will the course take to complete?
We recommend that you allocate 1 week per module, but it really comes down to how quickly you want to finish the course. And how much time you can realistically schedule for working through the content and implementing what you learn in Xero.
Do you offer done-for-you bookkeeping services?
Yes, check out https://beanninjas.com/ for a list of services and to get in touch.
At Bean Ninjas Freedom Academy we stand by our products and our customers. That’s why Financial Foundations is backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
If you’re not satisfied with the training in any way in the first 30 days, we’ll offer you a 100% refund on your purchase. It’s as easy as that.